Getting Things Done® (GTD) is the work-life management system that has helped countless organisations and individuals bring order to chaos, enabling greater performance, capacity, and innovation. It alleviates the feeling of overwhelm—instilling focus, clarity, and confidence at work.
After decades of in-the-field research and practice of his productivity methods, David Allen, founder of this method, wrote the international best-seller Getting Things Done. Published in over 28 languages, TIME magazine heralded it as "the defining self-help business book of its time." In 2015, he released a new edition of the book, with new insights, updates, and discoveries about the world of Getting Things Done and its many personal and professional applications.
Today, David Allen is considered the leading authority in the fields of organizational and personal productivity. The David Allen Company oversees the certification academy and quality standards for Global Partners offering Getting Things Done courses and coaching around the world.
Getting Things Done® focuses on how you capture the work you need to do, organize it, and choose what needs your attention. GTD® includes five basic steps:
1. Capture – capture what has you attention – use an in-basket, notepad, voice recorder to capture everything that has your attention.
2. Clarify – process what it means – take everything that you capture and ask "is it actionable?" and take some action.
3. Organize – put it where it belongs – put action reminders on the right list.
4. Reflect – review frequently – take a look at your list as often as possible to determinate what is your next step.
5. Engage – simply do – use your own system to take appropriate actions.
The Getting Things Done® (GTD) training courses are organised by global partners that have been trained and certified to offer these programs. The European Chamber is delighted to welcome Cyrille Jegu, Managing Director at ThrivinAsia Limited, China's only certified partner of the David Allen Company.
Who Should attend
This one-day training course is ideal for those who want to understand the strategies, tools and practices of highly productive people and implement learnings immediately for winning results in their own teams and organisations. This training course is for individuals who wish to give a boost to their career, be more focused and productive, and reduce their stress-level.
• Senior executives
• Senior or middle managers with projects, staff and stakeholders to manage
• Marketing teams
• Sales teams
• Heads of Business Units
• HR Professionals
Bring your team, amplify your productivity and performance.
Together with the European Chamber of Commerce, Shanghai, BenCham invites you to the Getting Things Done® training day, hosted by BenCham member TrhivinAsia.
- "My boss and I use Getting Things Done. GTD is an essential tool in our collaboration and e.g. our weekly reviews are
placed one after another, which clearly have a synergy effect on our shared productivity."
by Betina Osander, Executive Assistant to VP Global Operations, Mærsk Line
- "Thanks for a helpful and practical training workshop to help install method and practices that improve productivity. I
personally learned something as well to get my GTD to the next level."
by Li Fei Cheng, Vice President, Strategy, Business Development & Ventures - Medtronic (Shanghai)
- "The GTD Methodology helps me to set the right priorities and bring structure in my fast-evolving schedule, it provides
me with the Desired Freedom to be Creative, Innovative and Efficient."
by Robert Hardt, CEO - Siemens Canada
Managing Director and Master Trainer of ThrivinAsia
European Chamber Shanghai Office, Unit 2204
Shui On Plaza, Unit 2204, 333 Huai Hai Zhong Road